The Audit Senior or Supervisor will work closely with Partners, Managers, Staff, and clients to facilitate completion of engagements. Individual should be able to perform and direct a broad range of accounting tasks and assist the engagement partner and/or manager in the development of audit strategy, planning, review and interpretation of audit findings within Nonprofit industries. Individual will also work with audit staff managing the engagement and performing audit procedures to the appropriate extent. These duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Knowledge of auditing, accounting standards and application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP, GAAS, GAGAS, Uniform Guidance, where applicable).
- Apply technical skills, take the initiative to identify best practices and improvements, and consider applicability of best practices for other clients.
- Research accounting topics and form a conclusion utilizing the Firm’s research tools (Engagement, Accounting Research Manager and PPC E-Tools, etc.).
- Understand internal control deficiencies, works on training staff on internal control processes and develop comments for management letters.
- Understand risk assessment process and apply knowledge in completing all related forms
- Prepare financial reports (statements, footnotes and any supplemental information) and all other client deliverables.
- Apply industry trends to analytics, formulate expectations and determine reasonableness.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide team with directions, play a key role in execution of audit engagement from planning to wrap-up, and develop audit program steps to identify risks to ensure that the assignment quality standards are achieved.
- Perform a detailed effective supervisory review of the team’s work for finalization requirements.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written form and write detailed document findings.
- Manage engagement team to meet deliverable deadlines; identify roadblocks, and understand critical milestones to meet client service expectations.
- Provide quality on the job training and constructive feedback to Staff.
- Actively participate in learning and development opportunities, formal learning (CPE) and training programs.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
- BA/BS Accounting degree from an accredited college/university.
- 3+ years of audit experience in public accounting, including supervisory experience.
- Must have experience working in Nonprofit industries.
- CPA preferred.
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP, GAAS, Uniform Guidance, GAGAS) and accounting standards and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with ProSystem fx Engagement.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and research abilities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions and recommendations in client related matters pertaining to the audit.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various local client sites.