We are currently seeking Nonprofit Tax Seniors to join our Harrison, NY and Woodcliff Lake, NJ offices. The individuals will provide tax compliance and tax advisory services to a diversified client base focused on tax exempt organizations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilize tax preparation software to prepare, review and process complex tax returns.
- Prepare and review Forms 990, 990-PF and 990-T and provide advice to clients regarding exempt organization and tax return issues.
- Ensure both that clients comply with all applicable authorities, while at the same time minimizing their tax and reporting burdens, and self and client service teams comply with all Firm policies, standards.
- Ability to manage multiple clients and deadlines to match internal and client expectations for timely delivery of service.
- Gather and manipulate audit and client information as needed to prepare returns.
- Knowledge and ability to apply current tax practices.
- Identify when research is needed; clearly and concisely frame issues to be researched; clearly and concisely report the analysis.
- Develop, train and supervise Staff level team members.
- Work closely with Tax Partners to satisfy the needs with planning compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA, MST preferred.
- 3+ years of federal exempt organizations tax experience in public accounting firm.
- Strong skills in reviewing and compliance skills regarding 990, 990-PF and 990-T information returns.
- Able to provide tax planning and advisory services to colleges and universities, public charities, private foundations, healthcare entities, and other types of tax-exempt entities.
- Knowledge of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) codes and exempt organization tax matters.
- Knowledge of tax software, ProSystem FX Engagement a plus.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities.