Office work location is flexible - can be NYC; Harrison, NY; Woodcliff Lake, NJ OR Cranford, NJ.
The position of Chief Information Officer is established to provide technology leadership, direct, plan, organize and control all activities of the IT Department and to ensure the effective, efficient and secure operation of all technology systems and services. This includes the management of strategic and tactical activities to ensure user satisfaction, technical delivery, contract compliance and resource management for the Firm’s IT Department. The CIO is responsible for creating and implementing information technology strategy and vision for the Firm’s MIS department.
- Establish and direct the strategic and tactical goals of the IT department to ensure alignment with the tactical and strategic goals of the business.
- Enforce, develop and/or enhance policies and procedures for the information technology department.
- Continuously evaluate and determine the Firm’s long-term system needs and propose hardware/software solutions to accomplish the Firm’s business objectives.
- Perform all functions of personnel management of the department including structuring and directing current staff, recruiting new staff as needed, and developing and implementing a staff development and maturation program for staff retention.
- Maintain security of all data proprietary to the Firm’s business and establish and administer complete business continuity, disaster recovery, and incident response plan for all systems, applications and data.
- Identify and implement compliance related information security controls as it relates to GLBA, HIPAA and/or PCI-DSS.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with the IT Committee and/or management on significant site/user issues, risks, opportunities and general progress towards business goals.
- Identify user needs, resolve problems and direct MIS team to provide employees with top quality, consistently available computer service, support training and maintenance of all computer systems used throughout the company.
- Design, establish, and maintain a network infrastructure for local and wide area connectivity and remote access.
- Assess and anticipate technology projects and recommend appropriate action and resources.
- Responsible for procuring, installing and maintaining all computer hardware and software and all other products and supplies necessary to keep computer systems operable and to fulfill managements requests for computer support.
- Act as liaison between hardware and software vendors and management for informational updates and problem resolution and participate in the development of strategies and the completion of contract negotiations and renewals with General vendors and suppliers to establish and track ROI activities.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the information technology department and ensure operational practices support the business defined service level agreements.
- Prepare and develop department annual budgets and administer funds according to budget approval.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management. Advanced degree(s) strongly preferred.
- 10+ years work experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience leading IT strategic initiatives for all phases of computer operations will also be considered. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, analyze and solve problems.
- Strong leadership and mentorship abilities.
- Proficient decision-making and time management skills.
- Maintains current knowledge in the use and trends of technology in the public accounting field.
- Able to give and receive feedback at all levels of the organization.
- Strong coaching, empowerment abilities.
- Able to take initiative and responsibility for projects, promote teamwork and collaboration between MIS staff.
- Strong understanding of all key IT Governance and Information Security areas, including but not limited to:
- Establishing and managing an effective control environment
- Personnel Management
- Risk Management
- Patch Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Vendor Management
- Account Management
- Network Management
- Mobile Device Management
- Compliance management (GLBA, HIPAA).
- Backup Management
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Incident Response
- Problem Management
- Change/Configuration Management
- Strong understanding of public accounting firm operational programs as it relates to the creation, implementation, organization, management and monitoring of:
- Audit and Tax Workpapers
- Organizational Document Management
- Business Process workflow
- Cloud and Mobile Computing
- Ideally but not required, the candidate will be familiar with the CCH Prosystem suite of products including, Engagement, Practice Management, tax, scan, planning and document management.
- Familiarly with Pro-staff is also a plus.
- The candidate must have a strong understanding of Active Directory and a Cisco network infrastructure.
- Ideally, the candidate will be familiar and have experience with the necessary planning, on-boarding and integration processes necessary to effectively incorporate an entire organization or business unit as a result of a merger or acquisition.