For educational administrators already busy managing daily operations, the burden of addressing increased regulatory compliance requirements, cybersecurity threats, global partnership opportunities and demands to generate supplemental revenue can be onerous.
Meet the Partners
Since 1891, PKF O’Connor Davies has specialized in working with educational and other non-profit institutions. We now serve nearly 2,000 not-for-profit organizations. This focus equips us to deliver the precise support that educational institutions – colleges, universities and independent primary and secondary schools – need to stay competitive, satisfy a diverse constituency, manage risk and enhance organizational performance.
Our partners and professionals are recognized for their broad experience within the education sector, and for their detailed knowledge of and proficiency in state and federal regulations. Through regular contact with government agencies, they maintain well-versed in the application of relevant requirements and regulations. They frequently serve as conference panelists, conduct seminars on regulatory issues and are active on state and national professional committees. This in-depth knowledge allows them to provide administrators with customized, solutions-based service and greater operational efficiency.
PKF O’Connor Davies is a leader in serving education and other not-for-profit organizations.
A Responsive, Cost-Efficient Approach
Our teams are led by partners, each of whom is actively involved in the engagement on a daily basis. Not only do they serve as trusted advisors, they are also the personal liaison to firm professionals. Through this structured approach, we provide comprehensive support and superior client service, typically at costs lower than those of our larger counterparts.
Services that Cover the Spectrum
The comprehensive range of audit, tax and advisory services we offer instills in our clients the confidence that they can count on expert support in a variety of arenas as needs arise.
- FASB and GASB Financial Statement Audits
- OMB Circular A-133 Audits
- Pension and Employee Benefits Plan Audits
- NCAA Agreed-Upon Procedure Audits
- Regulatory Agreed-Upon Procedure Audits
- Endowment Audits
- Form 990 Exempt Organizations Returns
- Form 990-T Exempt Organizations Reporting Unrelated Business Income Tax Returns
- Form 5500 Annual Return/Report of Employee Benefit Plans
- Employee Benefit Issues
- Payroll Tax
- Foreign Tax Filing
- Research, Analysis and Compliance Reviews of Tax Issues Affecting Educational Institutions
- Risk Advisory
- IT Audit and Governance
- Cybersecurity Programs, Vulnerability and Penetration Testing
- Internal Departmental and Process Audits
- Transactional and Financial Advisory
- Forensic Litigation Valuation
- Transaction Advisory
- Management Advisory
- Organizational Structure, Design and Operations Reviews
- Internal Control Structure and Design Reviews
- IT Design and Controls Assessments
- Portfolio Accounting and Reporting
- Strategy Consultation
- Business Process Improvement
- Whistleblower Projects
- Grant Reporting
- Cost Reporting
- Special Services