For educational administrators already busy managing daily operations, the burden of addressing increased regulatory compliance requirements, cybersecurity threats, global partnership opportunities and demands to generate supplemental revenue can be onerous.
Meet the Partners
Since 1891, PKF O’Connor Davies has specialized in working with the full range of educational and other non-profit organizations. We now serve over 2,000 not-for-profit organizations, including charter schools, independent primary and secondary schools and colleges and universities. This focus enables us to deliver the precise support these educational institutions need to stay competitive, satisfy a diverse constituency, manage risk, attract vital funding and enhance organizational performance.
Our partners and professionals are recognized for their broad experience within the education sector and for their detailed knowledge of, and proficiency in, state and federal regulations. Through regular contact with government and other agencies, they stay well versed in the application of relevant requirements and regulations. In addition to close collaboration with administrators, board members, community leaders and the media, they frequently serve as conference panelists, conduct seminars on regulatory issues and are active with state and national professional bodies. Involvement at this level is rare and equips them to supply the customized, solutions-based service that can drive greater operational efficiency.
PKF O’Connor Davies is a leader in serving education and other not-for-profit organizations.
A Responsive, Cost-Efficient Approach
Our teams are led by partners, each of whom is actively involved in the engagement on a daily basis. Not only do they serve as trusted advisors, they are also the personal liaison to talented professionals throughout the firm who can provide guidance in other areas, such as IT and cybersecurity, tax, employee benefit plans and endowment fund accounting. Through this structured approach, we offer comprehensive support and superior client service, typically at costs lower than those of other firms.
Services that Cover the Spectrum
Our wide range of audit, tax and advisory services instills in clients the confidence that they can count on us in a variety of arenas as needs arise..
- FASB and GASB Financial Statement Audits
- Federal and State OMB Single Audits (Uniform Guidance)
- Pension and Employee Benefits Plan Audits
- NCAA Agreed-Upon Procedure Audits
- Regulatory Agreed-Upon Procedure Audits
- Endowment Audits
- Form 990 Exempt Organizations Returns
- Form 990-T Exempt Organizations Reporting Unrelated Business Income Tax Returns
- Form 5500 Annual Return/Report of Employee Benefit Plans
- Employee Benefit Issues
- Payroll Tax
- Foreign Tax Filing
- Research, Analysis and Compliance Reviews of Tax Issues Affecting Educational Institutions
- Risk Advisory
- IT Audit and Governance
- Cybersecurity Programs, Vulnerability and Penetration Testing
- Internal Departmental and Process Audits
- Transactional and Financial Advisory
- Forensic Litigation Valuation
- Transaction Advisory
- Management Advisory
- Organizational Structure, Design and Operations Reviews
- Internal Control Structure and Design Reviews
- IT Design and Controls Assessments
- Portfolio Accounting and Reporting
- Strategy Consultation
- Business Process Improvement
- Whistleblower Projects
- Grant Reporting
- Cost Reporting
- Special Services
- Endowment Fund Accounting Services
- Investment Unitization
- Investment Administration Software for Simplified Reporting
- Customized Reporting for Donors