Ours is a long history of helping maximize efficiencies in a sector with exceptionally uncommon objectives, competing priorities and a sophisticated constituency.
Meet the Partners
At PKF O’Connor Davies, we recognize that private clubs operate in a business environment distinct from other sectors. Dedicated to providing their members an elite experience, club management must also strive to contain costs while fulfilling the requirements of government regulations, tax laws and operational standards.
To help meet these virtually opposing objectives, our specialists leverage significant experience with clubs of all types and sizes from country clubs and golf clubs to private and for-profit clubs. They deliver a complete roster of accounting, auditing, tax and business advisory expertise with an individualized focus that frees managers to concentrate on their mission, membership and ongoing profitability.
With demanding membership that doubles as a funding source, private clubs face the dual challenge of delivering an elite experience in a cost-conscious environment.
Actively involved in the hospitality industry, PKF O’Connor Davies is a member of several industry associations, including Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals (HFTP), the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA), and the National Club Association. Our hospitality-focused publication, Trends in the Hotel Industry, outlines an annual statistical review on hotels across the country, of particular relevance to those clubs that offer lodging as an amenity.
Our experts draw on this highly specialized experience and, as needed, tap expertise from other
PKF O’Connor Davies specialty practices, to ensure best-in-class efficiency in all the services we offer, including:
- Financial Audits
- Compilations and Reviews
- Agreed-Upon Procedures
- Operational Reviews
- Internal Control Consultation
- Operational Reviews
- IT Systems Reviews: high-spot and in-depth
- Tax Compliance
- Consultation on Tax-Exempt Status and Maintenance
- Consultation on Unrelated Business Income
- Real Estate Tax and Sales Tax Issues
- Implementation of New Accounting Standards
- Consultation on Board Governance
- Employee Benefits Consultation and Compliance
- Due Diligence
- Business advisory services, including development of accounting practice manuals and documentation of job functions
- Amenity pricing
- Turnover consulting
- Fraud and forensics
- Construction contract audits
- Employee benefit and relevant issues
- Exempt-activities guidance
- Reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions
- Advice to foreign nationals working in the U.S.