Office: Cranford, New Jersey
“Providing outstanding client service means always being available to our clients and helping them find solutions to their problems.”
David Gannon is a Partner of the Firm and has nearly 20 years of experience providing accounting and auditing services to public sector clients. Prior to joining PKF O’Connor Davies he was a Partner of the public sector group of a regional accounting firm. David specializes in public sector organizations, including public school districts, municipalities, counties, local authorities, colleges and universities, New Jersey State authorities and New York City agencies.
As a partner in the Public Sector Practice Group, David focuses his energy on providing outstanding client service and proactive solutions to problems that government organizations face in a heavily regulated enviroment. His expertise includes performing financial statement audits, performance audits, single audits, internal audits, forensic audits and special advisory engagements. He is recognized for implementing complex Governmental Accounting Standards, including GASB Standards related to pensions, OPEBS and derivatives. David also performs numerous single audits in accordance with the Federal Uniform Guidance and NJ OMB Circular 15-08.
David regularly speaks on governmental accounting and auditing topics provided to a number of professional associations throughout the State of New Jersey. He is actively involved in the New Jersey Society of CPA’s Government Interest Group, and served as its leader from 2014 through 2016. He was recently included on the A List by the NJCPA recognizing his expertise in the field of governmental accounting and auditing.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA)
- Member and Former Chairman of Government Interest Group
- Member of the Strategic Planning Committee
- New Jersey Registered Municipal Accountants Association
- New Jersey Association of School Business Officials
- Certified Public Accountant (New Jersey and New York)
- Registered Municipal Accountant (RMA)
- Public School Accountant (PSA)
- Stockton University, Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting