Office: Harrison, New York
"Most people don't grow up saying 'I want to be an accountant.' I guess that means I am not most people. On my office wall, there is a picture of me at age two sitting on my grandfather's lap, while he taught me about accounting and how to use his adding machine. What the photo didn't capture was his insistence on teaching me the values of both hard work and honesty, qualities that I strive to demonstrate to my clients every day."
Scott Oling is a Partner of the Firm and works primarily within the renowned Government Services Division. He has more than 25 years of experience specializing in government audit engagements, including those of cities, towns, villages, counties and school districts.
Scott is responsible for overseeing the entire audit process from start to finish and is in contact with his clients on a year-round basis. He provides expert advice to governmental officials and is skilled in guiding them through their compliance with changes resulting from pronouncements issued by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board. Throughout his career, Scott has participated in numerous budget-consulting activities at the city and county levels, including review, analysis and evaluation of executive branch budget proposals.
As an active member of the Government Finance Officers Association’s (“GFOA”) Special Review Committee, Scott oversees the submission process for clients who voluntarily choose to prepare a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (“CAFR”). Many clients receive this prestigious award annually, certifying that they have achieved “Excellence in Financial Reporting.”
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- New York State Government Finance Officers Association
- New York State Association of School Business Officials
- New York State Government Finance Officers Association Downstate Regional Council Member
- Member of the National Government Finance Officers Association Special Review Committee
- Certified Public Accountant (New York)
- State University of New York at Binghamton, Bachelor of Science in Accounting