Susan M. Barossi
Office: Harrison, New York
"As a partner and leader in our governmental entities and not-for-profit practices, I am dedicated to being completely accessible to clients. My goal is to provide hands-on advice and expertise when they need it most."
Susan M. Barossi is a Partner of the Firm and has more than 35 years of experience in public accounting. She is known industry-wide as an expert in all aspects of accounting, auditing and consulting, and has specialized knowledge of government entities, not-for-profit organizations, higher education institutions and other public sector industries. Susan regularly receives recognition for her skill in conducting Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB Circular A-133) and program-specific audits.
She serves on the Firm’s Accounting & Auditing Committee, participates in its in-house continuing professional education program and contributes to its Thought Leadership e-newsletter series by writing articles on governmental accounting and auditing matters.Beyond client engagements, Susan is very active on behalf of the profession and serves her community through committed participation in a not-for-profit organization which supports cancer patients and their families.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Chair – Government Accounting & Auditing Committee
- Member, Finance Committee
- Present Member, Former Chair – Public School Committee
- Former Vice President
- Government Finance Officers Association
- New York State Government Finance Officers Association
- International Association of School Business Officials
- New York State Association of School Business Officials
- Board Member, Gilda's Club of Westchester
- Certified Public Accountant (New York)
- Iona College, Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting