Office: New York, New York
"I listen to my clients and advise them on the big issues and the small issues. My role is one of trusted advisor."
Thomas F. Blaney is a Partner of the Firm and Director of the Private Foundation Practice. He has spent more than 25 years specializing in the accounting and tax aspects of exempt organizations.
A member of the Firm’s Executive Committee, Tom is a recognized thought leader and frequent speaker, author and contributor to events and articles related to private foundations and not-for-profit topics. His work has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s and other leading business publications. Tom is a Certified Fraud Examiner, licensed CPA in the states of Florida, New York and Pennsylvania, and was also appointed to the Panel on the Nonprofit Sector’s “990 PF Reform Advisory Committee.”
Most recently Tom was the recipient of the 2015 “Ahead of the Curve” award presented to the CPA who stays ahead of new legislation and trends on behalf of his clients.
He maintains an active role in a number of professional and community organizations. Tom is currently Treasurer of the Breezy Point Disaster Relief Fund, Treasurer of the McCaddin-McQuirk Foundation, Treasurer of Exponent Philanthropy (formerly Association of Small Foundations), and is on the Audit and Finance Committees of the Hudson Valley Chapter of the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Exponent Philanthropy
- Governance Committee
- Finance Committee
- Audit Committee
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Family Office Committee
- Former Member, Nonprofit Committee
- Former Member, Diversity Committee
- American Society of Fraud Examiners
- Make-A-Wish Foundation - Hudson Valley
- Audit & Finance Committee Member
- Certified Public Accountant (Florida, New York, and Pennsylvania)
- Pace University, Bachelor of Business Administration degree