Robert S. Morrison
In a world filled with technical jargon and acronyms, I find that plain English still works best.
Robert S. Morrison is a Partner of Hodulik & Morrison, a division of PKF O’Connor Davies, with over 30 years of experience providing accounting and audit services to public sector clients. Bob supervises the audits and other services for some of the largest and smallest municipalities and school districts in the State of New Jersey. He also specializes in commercial entities, not-for-profit organizations and authorities. In addition to his audit services, Bob provides management advisory and litigation support services to his clients.
Bob is a strong advocate of the financial conservatism embodied in existing accounting standards for municipal and county government, and has drafted position papers and provided testimony on behalf of the Registered Municipal Accountants Association to the New Jersey Senate Urban Policy and Planning Committee in opposition to proposed legislation that the Association deemed detrimental to governmental finances. He recently spearheaded an effort by the Governmental Accounting and Audit Committee that resulted in regulatory changes by the New Jersey Department of Education that increased the required testing and reporting of internal controls by food service management companies.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA)
- Governmental Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Registered Municipal Accountants Association of New Jersey (RMAA)
- Past President
- Current Board of Trustees Member
- Certified Public Accountant (New Jersey)
- Registered Municipal Accountant (RMA)
- Public School Accountant (PSA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Certified Municipal Financial Officer (CMFO)