Office: Stamford, Connecticut
"Prior to my role with PKF O'Connor Davies, I served as a controller/CFO and as a managing partner in a venture capital fund. This experience offered a unique opportunity to gain perspective of our clients' situation; having spent time on their side of the table, I feel better positioned to understand specific needs."
Bruce Blasnik is a Partner of the Firm and the Managing Partner of the Connecticut practice. He has more than 30 years of experience in providing accounting, tax and advisory services to clients in a wide range of industries. Bruce’s primary focus is working with privately-owned venture capital and private-equity backed companies as well as companies seeking investor capital. He has expertise in auditing, accounting and financial reporting; merger and acquisition transaction support and due diligence; venture capital and private equity fund accounting and cost accounting.
Bruce works primarily with middle market companies in software and information technology, healthcare, media and advertising and professional services. Other industry experience includes manufacturing and distribution, venture capital and private equity, consumer products, mortgage banking, real estate and construction. He also has experience with clients in the not-for-profit sector, primarily intermediate and long-term care facilities and local voluntary health and welfare organizations.
Before joining PKF O’Connor Davies, Bruce served as a member of senior management and managing partner at an early-stage venture capital fund. Prior experience includes Senior Auditor at a Big Four accounting firm and Partner at a regional accounting firm.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Governing Council, 2014-15
- Connecticut State Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSSCPA)
- President, 2015-16
- Past Secretary, Chair of the Accounting and Reporting Committee and Member of
the Advisory Council
- Connecticut Venture Group, Stamford Chapter
- Stamford Chapter President and Director
- Volunteer Activities
- United Way of Western CT
- Stamford Young Mariners
- Halloween Yacht Club
- Temple Sinai, Stamford
- Certified Public Accountant (Connecticut and New York)
- Certified Global Management Accountant
- State University of New York at Binghamton, Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, summa cum laude