Not-for-Profit Organization Accounting & Consulting
PKF O’Connor Davies has specialized in serving not-for-profit and tax-exempt organizations since its founding in 1891, continually and purposely expanding our client roster over the years. Today, we work with nearly 4,000 not-for-profit organizations that span a diverse range of constituencies, programs and services offered.
At PKF O’Connor Davies, we understand that every not-for-profit organization is inherently a business so we are highly responsive to each client’s specific needs and service model. As a leader among our peers, we combine in-depth sector concentration with a cross-functional team approach that ensures access to specialists in areas such as cybersecurity, Board governance, government funding and reporting, not-for-profit tax laws and more.
Our clients, which range in size from small and growing to those with offices around the world, enjoy the unrivaled support of more than 50 partners and 200 professionals as well as an entire tax group devoted specifically to the non-profit arena. Our clients include:
- Charitable organizations
- Religious entities
- Educational institutions
- Healthcare organizations
- Museums, arts and cultural institutions
- Social services agencies
- Membership organizations and trade associations
- Public and private foundations
- Private country and social clubs
- Affordable housing entities
Over a century of support for those operating on behalf of others.
The Advantages Only PKF O’Connor Davies Delivers
- Unsurpassed Sector Specialization — Our keen understanding of not-for-profit financial management structures helps ensure exceptional audit and tax services – and assistance with essential operations from IT fraud prevention and employee benefits to Board, foundation and grant making issues.
- Unmatched Exempt Organization Tax Experience — With extensive knowledge of the tax laws governing exempt organizations, we assist in preparing federal and state tax filings, serve as the “professionals of choice” for initial tax exemption applications and classification changes and help minimize exposure to unrelated business or corporate taxes.
- Uncommon Regulatory Expertise — Active participation in industry associations and conferences equips our leadership to identify and resolve emerging issues before they become problematic.
- Unprecedented Commitment — Recognized as a pioneer in serving not-for-profit and exempt entities, we maintain our expertise through ongoing investment in training, practice resources, audit guidance and service development.
Our Not-for-Profit services include:
- Audits (including GAAS, Federal and State Single Audits)
- Cost report certifications
- Indirect cost certifications and consultation
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) impact profiles
- Compliance auditing
- Endowment fund accounting services
- Board and Committee development
- Operational reviews
- International grant audits
- IT consulting and cybersecurity assessments
- Management advisory
- Tax compliance, planning, representation and structuring
- Risk assessment