When their customers expect a memorable experience at a competitive cost, managers of hospitality organizations find that a business advisor who can help identify innovations and cost efficiencies is priceless.
Hospitality companies pursuing growth must dominate in a competitive business environment. The forces driving such competition include disruptive technologies, narrow talent pools, low barriers to market entry, market-driven demand for customer engagement and personalized experiences.
We are proud to be a leader in the sector, astute thought leader and dynamic participant in hospitality associations.
Aligning with service providers that can traverse these forces is integral to success. With a strong industry network and distinguished reputation, PKF O’Connor Davies is precisely that advisor. Unlike larger professional services firms, PKF O’Connor Davies’ partners and professionals are actively involved in industry groups, vividly aware of issues and trends affecting our hospitality clients and lauded for insightful communications.
Recognized Thought Leadership
- Published in leading industry reports – including NCA Connect and The Bottomline.
- Publisher of Trends in the Hotel Industry – a report on hotel operating/ financial data.
- Presenters at signature events – Club Managers Association of America World Conference and the HFTP Club and Conference and Controllers Conference.
Active Industry Participation
- Our partners and professionals are engaged in industry trade organizations including: American Hotel & Lodging Association, the Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals, the New York Society of Association Executives.
- Founding member and committee writer of the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry Committee and Chair of the Hospitality Committee of the NY State Society of CPAs.
Auditors of Choice
- We are proud to have been selected to serve high-profile organizations such as the International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show, the New York City Convention and Visitors Bureau, and the New York State Restaurant Association
Comprehensive Hospitality Services
- Audit and assurance including internal control evaluations and risk assessment
- Due diligence – acquisitions and sales
- Establishing job descriptions and responsibilities
- Review of management contracts and leases
- Operations benchmarking
- Operational financial consulting
- Tax planning and implementation of compliance measures
- Internal audit assistance and outsourcing