My broad audit background and experience allows me to take a 360° approach and assist clients by providing a wide range of professional services. From internal control reviews to assisting clients expand internationally, I provide specialized guidance and solutions-oriented strategies to help clients achieve their goals.
Henry A. Freire is a Partner of the Firm and has more than 30 years experience in public accounting. He primarily focuses on providing accounting and auditing services for both private and publicly-held hospitality, real estate, commercial and not-for-profit clients.
A member of the firm’s Executive Board and Practice Development Committee, Henry is also Partner in Charge of PKF O’Connor Davies’ New York City office. He previously served as an Adjunct Professor at New York University, teaching Managerial Accounting for the Hospitality Industry, and provided technical editing for the manuscript of Internal Control: A Fraud-Prevention Handbook for Hotel and Restaurant Managers, published by the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Former Member of the Litigation Support Committee
- Former Member of the Practice Management Committee
- Former Member of the Hospitality Committee (formerly the Hotel, Club & Restaurant Accounting Committee)
- American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA)
- Former Member of the Internal Audit Subcommittee
- Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals (HFTP)
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the New York City Chapter
- Certified Public Accountant (New York)