Office: Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
"One thing I have always enjoyed about public accounting is that you never know what you could end up working on in any given day – clients call unexpectedly needing help with something, and we can always come up with a solution to assist them."
Patty Ciardullo is a Partner at PKF O’Connor Davies, LLP and brings 20 years of public accounting experience. Her areas of expertise include audits of manufacturing and service companies, reviews and compilations of small businesses, personal tax planning, along with corporate and personal tax return preparation.
Prior to entering public accounting, Patty worked in corporate accounting in the private sector. This experience has provided her with the necessary business qualities which enhance her ability to be a key advisor to her clients.
Patty expanded her client service responsibilities by joining the Transaction Advisory Services team in 2003. In this practice area, she focused on analysis and investigation of the business to be acquired and preparation of detailed reports for the investors. A key aspect of this work was uncovering earning adjustments in order to get favorable purchase price adjustments for clients.
Patty also assists attorneys with litigation support. Case subjects include business owners in dispute over finances where a detailed inspection of records is required to properly determine the settlement of the dispute. She also has been involved in engagements investigating potential embezzlement and matrimonial matters.
In addition to client services, she has authored several articles for the Firm’s Thought Leadership series, as well as for outside professional publications such as Small Business Today and Commerce Magazine.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA)
- New York Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Rockland Business Women’s Network
- Bergen County Business Women's Network
- Mahwah Regional Chamber of Commerce
- 2015 recipient of the AWSCPA-NJ CPA Women of the Year
- 2015 recipient of the Volunteer of the Year Award presented by the Rockland Road Runners
- Certified Public Accountant (New Jersey & New York)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- State University of New York College at Geneseo, Bachelor of Science in Accounting