Timothy J. Desmond
Office: Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
"A dedication to volunteerism and continued participation in various professional groups offer valuable insight into the best practices of effective organizations. I approach audits with a practical mindset and commitment to providing outstanding client service."
Timothy J. Desmond is a Partner of the Firm and currently serves as Director of the Employee Benefit Services Practice. Tim has more than 20 years of experience in providing auditing and accounting services to a wide range of industry organizations and employee benefit plans.
A member of the Firm’s Accounting and Auditing Committee, Tim is a frequent instructor at PKF O’Connor Davies’ continuing professional education programs. He is an active speaker to employee benefit industry groups and has also moderated national webcasts for members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, as well as the Northeast Pension Benefits Liaison Group. In 2007, Tim was appointed to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ (AICPA) Executive Committee overseeing the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center (EBPAQC).
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Adaptive Sports Foundation, Windham, NY - Volunteer
- Holiday Observers, Inc, Allendale, NJ - President
- Certified Public Accountant (New York and New Jersey)
- St. Peter's University, Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting