Gary W. Higgins
Partner, PKF O’Connor Davies LLP
Partner, PKF O’Connor Davies Advisory LLC
“My goal is to deliver a high degree of professional expertise to the public sector.”
Gary Higgins has more than 40 years of experience providing audit and accounting support services to governmental and not-for-profit entities including municipalities, school districts, public authorities and common interest realty associations.
Throughout his career, Gary has provided accounting support services in the areas of bond and note issuance, regulatory agency appearances, labor contract negotiations, financial and compliance corrective action plans, cost benefit studies, governmental budgets and administrative and financial management of homeowners’ associations.
Prior to joining PKF O’Connor Davies, Gary served as a Managing Committee Partner and Founder of one of New Jersey’s largest accounting firms specializing in servicing local government entities. There, he was the Partner-in-Charge of audits of governmental entities and also served as the firm’s Quality Control Partner responsible for the firm’s annual quality control inspection and triennial peer review.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Chair, Political Action Committee
- Former member and Chairman, Governmental Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Registered Municipal Accountants’ Association of New Jersey (RMAA)
- Board Member and President
- Governmental Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- New Jersey Association of School Business Officials (NJASBO)
- Certified Public Accountant (New Jersey)
- Registered Municipal Accountant (New Jersey)
- Public School Accountant (New Jersey)
- Certified Municipal Finance Office (New Jersey)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting