When a seller enters a discussion with potential acquirers, his or her level of confidence often proves integral to a successful outcome. Our investment banking team has closed hundreds of transactions and our transaction advisory professionals have executed hundreds of due diligence transaction mandates.
During the preparation phase, our transaction and M&A professionals collaborate to identify and address critical issues that can impact a deal. Together, they help resolve business concerns proactively, position EBITDA adjustments favorably and strengthen the credibility of financial and business information. As a result, re-trade opportunities are effectively reduced, offers are based on information that will withstand buyer due diligence, time to close is frequently decreased and value increased.
To promote the achievement of optimum value and enhance the likelihood of a successful transaction, we lead a confidential, competitive sale process during which our teams:
- Perform a comprehensive business review.
- Address issues and opportunities to enhance value and certainty to close.
- Position the business to attract the best buyers.
- Develop marketing materials and financial models.
- Conduct buyer research and marketing.
- Evaluate and negotiate offers.
- Promote closing within an agreed-upon deal timeframe with formal milestones and deadlines.
- Provide expert advice on value, structure, terms, process, quality of buyer and certainty to close.