Office: New York, New York
"I empathize with clients and am tenacious in helping them sort through the ever-changing rules of both the public and private sectors. They know that they can count on my practical guidance."
John Haslbauer is a Partner of the Firm and has more than 30 years of experience in public accounting. His expertise extends to both private and publicly-held commercial clients, including professional service companies, software developers, REITs, real estate partnerships and investment companies.
John has been involved in a number of group audits for various international clients. He has also visited various independent member firms of PKF International Limited in connection with consulting assignments that range from PCAOB and SEC assignments to US GAAP and US GAAS issues. He works closely with each firm as they help clients file annual reports and register with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
As an instructor in the Firm’s in-house continuing professional education program, John has had the opportunity to evaluate, supervise and train many audit personnel. He is a member of the Firm’s auditing, accounting, and quality control committees serves on PKF Internationals’ Professional Standards Committee. John is also the Firm's PCAOB liaison responsible for PCAOB related communications.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Former SEC Practice Committee - Enforcement Subcommittee
- Former Chair of the SEC Releases Subcommittee
- USA representative on PKF International's Professional Standards Committee
- St. John's University Advisory Board Member
- Certified Public Accountant (New York)
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITS)
- St. John's University, Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting