Joseph L. Ali
Office: New York, New York
“Our clients are changing the world in impactful ways and they are the reason that I chose this profession. I find it extremely rewarding to be able to provide advice and guidance while helping them achieve their goals.”
Joseph Ali is a Partner at PKF O’Connor Davies with more than ten years of public accounting experience. Since joining the Firm in 2005, he has specialized in the accounting and tax aspects of exempt organizations especially private foundations, as well as environmental, arts, educational and membership organizations.
Joe has pioneered the Firm’s Private Foundation CFO/COO Services, performing back office operations for large private foundations as well as private operating foundations with large infrastructure projects.
Joe is an active lecturer and guest speaker for both Firm sponsored education courses and for outside third parties that service the private foundation and not-for-profit sectors. He also authors and contributes to numerous monthly tax and accounting bulletins provided to the Firm’s private foundation clients.
Joe is a Board Member and Vice Chair (formerly Treasurer) of Volunteer New York! - a not-for-profit organization in Westchester County, NY, and serves in an advisory capacity to other tax-exempt organizations and their boards.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Active Member of the Family Office Committee
- Vice Chair and Board Member of Volunteer New York!
- Certified Public Accountant (New York)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- University of Richmond, Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting