Office: Wethersfield, Connecticut
Joseph Centofanti is a partner of PKF O’Connor Davies and has 30 years of experience in providing auditing, accounting and consulting services to State and local governments.
Joe has significant experience performing various types of consulting engagements for governments, not-for-profits and commercial entities, including operational audits, internal control evaluation and design consulting, out sourced internal audit services, fraud risk assessments, and fraud investigations.
Joe is a frequent lecturer on fraud prevention and government accounting and reporting topics and is a source of information for members of local media on fraud-related topics. He also serves as an adjunct professor of governmental accounting and auditing in the University of Connecticut’s graduate program.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- Town of Haddam — Chairman of the Board of Finance
- Connecticut Association of Certified Fraud Examiners— President and Training Director
- Connecticut Society of CPAs— Member and serves on the Government Accounting and Audit Committee
- Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada — Member of National and Connecticut Chapter
- Certified Public Accountant (Connecticut, Massachusetts)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Certified Information Technology Professional
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Forensic CPA Society
- Forensic Certified Public Accountant
- Association of Government Accountants
- Certified Government Financial Manager
- Information Systems Audit & Control Association
- Certified in Risk & Information Systems Control
- Bentley University, Bachelor of Science degree in Accountancy and Associate of Science degree in Management