Louis F. LiBrandi
Office: New York, New York
"As a professional, I am dedicated to providing practical and expert assistance in the complex area of employee benefit plan compliance and reporting, and related tax and accounting regulations. My strength is the result of many years of experience working at law and accounting firms and also with the IRS. The relationships that I maintain with government regulators at the IRS and DOL, as well as being a member of employee benefit organizations like the ISCEBS and AICPA, are resources for me to obtain insight into the solutions available to resolve issues. This serves as a great resource to assist plan sponsors with how to operate their employee benefit plans."
Louis F. LiBrandi is a Principal of the Employee Benefit Services Group of the Firm. He has more than 25 years of extensive experience with employee benefit plans. Louis previously served as a Director in the Compensation and Benefits Advisory Services Practice at a law firm, was a Senior Manager at a Big Four accounting firm, and gained valuable experience as a Revenue Agent within the IRS Employee Plans Division.
A recognized expert on matters regarding the Form 5500, Louis speaks annually about this and other retirement plan topics for the New York Chapter of CEBS, and other organizations. He frequently provides guidance on satisfying the many qualification requirements of retirement (including 403(b) and 401(k), nonqualified deferred compensation plans, and certain features of welfare/cafeteria arrangements. He frequently represents accounts under examination by the IRS and DOL.
Louis has attained Fellowship status with the International Society Certified Employee Benefit Specialists and has attained the American College’s Chartered Financial Consultant designation. He has also attained the TGPC designation from ASPPA.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- Previously served as a reviewer on the AICPA’s Tax Force Form 5500
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist, NY Metro Chapter
- Former President and Board Member
- Previously served on the International Society Certified Employee Benefit Specialists’ Professional Development Committee
- Member of IRS/DOL Northeast Liaison Group
- American College, Chartered Financial Consultant
- Fellowship, International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists
- American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries, Tax Exempt Government Pension Consultant
- Long Island University, Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting