Office: New York, New York
"A trusted advisor should possess integrity, knowledge and good judgment and not be afraid to engage in an honest and meaningful dialogue. I continually strive to achieve these qualities in servicing every one of my clients."
Tom Sorrentino is a Partner of the Firm with over 30 years of experience in public accounting. He services both public and privately-held clients in the commercial, not-for-profit (including foundations, membership associations, and social service organizations) and real estate sectors (including cooperative/condominium housing sectors and REITS).
Tom has served as a member of the Not-for-Profit Committee of the PKF North America network, as well as on the Firm’s Accounting and Auditing Committee. He has also acted as an instructor in the Firm’s Continuing Professional Education program. Tom provides staff mentoring and is involved in organizing the Firm’s annual Cooperative Housing Symposium, and is active in volunteering his time to a variety of charitable and civic activities and organizations.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Former Member, Not-for-Profit Organizations Committee
- Former Member, Auditing Standards & Procedures Committee
- Member, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
- Member, The New York Society of Association Executives (NYSAE)
- Member, Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulcher of Jerusalem (Northeastern Lieutenancy)
- Member, Kings County – Community Board 18 – appointed by the Brooklyn Borough President
- Chairman of the Transportation Committee
- Treasurer for Kings County Democratic Party Chairman
- Past Treasurer for former NYS Assemblyman – Kings County
- Currently, Trustee for a Brooklyn Council of the Knights of Columbus
- Past Grand Knight, Deputy Grand Knight, and Treasurer
- Finance Council, St. Bernard Parish Church, Brooklyn , NY
- Certified Public Accountant (New Jersey and New York)
- New York University, Bachelor of Science in Accounting