Climate Change: The Good News – Aligning Global Action with Investment and Tax Opportunities
The upcoming Climate Week brings together international leaders from business and government to showcase global climate action. For an insider’s perspective on the tools, solutions and investment opportunities fueling the transition to a low-carbon economy, we invite you to join PKF O’Connor Davies and FFI Solutions as we host investors, organizations and leading industry experts.
Tuesday, September 19, 2023
2:30 – 3:00 p.m. – Registration/Networking
3:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Program
5:00 – 5:45 p.m. – Cocktail Reception
Putting a Price on Carbon: Fireside Chat with Dr. Michael Greenstone
Headlining our two-hour symposium is the esteemed Dr. Michael Greenstone, Chief Economist for President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers and Co-Developer of the federal government’s measure of the social cost of carbon. Dr. Greenstone has been influential in shaping global climate policies and regulations and will share insights on:
- The social cost of carbon and the value of carbon pricing as an important policy tool.
- The current state of carbon accounting and problems with voluntary carbon offsets.
- How regulated permits and carbon removal technologies may prove better at offsetting emissions.
Investment and Tax Opportunities from the Inflation Reduction Act
Next, our impact investing specialist will explore key elements of the Act and its current and projected impact on climate tech investing, including:
- Overview and highlights of Inflation Reduction Act.
- The promise ahead for key sectors of the climate technology industry.
- Benefits and action steps for Venture Capital and Private Equity firms.
PKF O’Connor Davies
Marc Rinaldi, Partner-in-Charge, Financial Services
Matthew Orrell, Financial Services Partner
FFI Holdings LLC
Christopher Ito, Chief Executive Officer
Michael Greenstone, Milton Friedman Distinguished Service Professor in Economics, University of Chicago
Kelly Lin, Partner, PKF O’Connor Davies
Pratibha Vuppuluri, Managing Director, Investments and the Unreasonable
Please note seating is limited and registration is required.