Fund Administration Services
Fund administration is highly specialized, requiring expertise in a range of areas from the vehicles and parties for which the accounting will be performed to regulatory compliance, capital markets, trading and operations. Our knowledge is as diverse as the clients we serve.
O’Connor Davies Administration serves a worldwide clientele of investment advisors, family offices, private foundations and endowments, OCIOs and private funds (e.g. private equity, venture, hedge, real estate, infrastructure, crypto currency, credit and distressed debt funds).
Seamless reporting, discipline and transparent pricing for private funds, investment advisors, family offices and foundations, among many others.
Our clients select us because of our quality, transparency, team approach, broad knowledge, experience handling private funds and a world-class technology platform. We are disciplined, detail-oriented and innovative thinkers, and provide business advice and support. Let us customize our service platform to help you meet your goals and objectives and help grow your business.
Ranked the 27th Largest Global Fund Administrator
by eVestment.net, 2017
Our clients include investment advisors, private funds including private equity, hedge, venture capital, infrastructure, real estate, credit and distressed debt, CMBS, HFT, crypto currency, real assets and opportunity zone funds, family offices, private foundations and endowments, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, trusts, special purpose and coinvest vehicles, asset allocators, UCITs and OCIOs (outsource chief investment officers).
Clients benefit from the security of knowing that our controls are effectively designed as evidenced by ODA’s completion of the SSAE 18, SOC 1 Type 2 report for which we received a “clean opinion” from the service auditor.
Our services include:
- Accounting and reporting — investment, entity, tax, partnership and risk
- Middle and back office — fund administration, including investment, entity and tax accounting, striking NAVs, transaction processing, custody, corporate action monitoring, prime broker, custodian cash, position, securities and prime broker reconciliations, and waterfall and carry administration, foreign exchange hedging, post-trade and pre-settlement services, cash and collateral management, fee analysis and verification
- Investor transaction services — manage subscriptions, capital calls, distributions and redemptions, AML/KYC, investor relations, investor meetings, DDQs and complete web portal
- Shadow accounting — complete service, including strike NAVs and calculation of management fees and carry in comparison to the fund administrator
- AML/KYC — we assist with investor onboarding and monitoring with Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer requirements. We leverage over 600 databases across the globe to review investors and investor entities
- Financial statement assembly in GAAP and IFRS and audit support — automated platform
- Tax compliance — US domestic and foreign filings, including Form 1065 and K-1s, SALT. Foreign Filings, including FATCA, withholding taxes and estimated tax projections and allocations
- Tax Planning and Advisory — including domestic and cross-border fund and investment tax structuring; and tax for GPs and fund executives
- Valuation and independent pricing — ASC 820, advisory and support
- Management company accounting, tax, planning and compliance
- Bill payment for management companies and family offices — bill payments from invoices to 1099 preparation to cash management
- Corporate governance and secretarial administrative services — independent directorships in foreign jurisdictions, regulatory compliance (Dodd-Frank and AIFMD), statutory listings and filings, Board of Director meetings, shareholder registry, and maintain corporate records
- Formation and liquidation assistance
- Regulatory Compliance — outsource service under Dodd-Frank and AIFMD
- Form PF
- Performance and Risk Reporting and Operational Due Diligence — Manager Evaluation
- Transaction advisory including due diligence and Quality of Earnings (QOE)
- Investor mandate compliance
- Cyber risk management consulting
Global Footprint, Local Service
We serve our global clients from our offices in New York City and Harrison, New York; London and Edinburgh; Dublin; Amsterdam; Geneva; Luxembourg; Jersey; Grand Cayman; Mumbai and Chennai, India; and Sofia, Bulgaria.
O’Connor Davies Administration, a division of PKF O’Connor Davies, LLP, is a full-service certified public accounting and advisory firm with a long history of serving clients both domestically and internationally. This gives us CPA-discipline, perspective and accounting and reporting capabilities. With roots tracing to 1891, the Firm is ranked 29th on Accounting Today’s 2018 “Top 100 Firms” list.
PKF O’Connor Davies is the lead North American representative in PKF International, a global network of legally independent accounting and advisory firms located in over 400 locations, in 150 countries around the world. Our membership in PKF International and joint venture, PKF Funds and Family Office, which is headquartered in London, gives O’Connor Davies Administration a truly global reach to serve our clients wherever they need us around the world