Outsourced Corporate Accounting Services
For decades, our professionals have been recognized for their deep experience in and grasp of the alternative investment arena. For private equity funds and their portfolio companies, an important component in our extensive service roster is the outsourced accounting support we deliver, indispensable to private equity funds, especially those that acquire companies through leveraged buyouts.
Some firms offer accounting; others provide technology. We deliver both highly credentialed global professionals and a sophisticated technology platform.
Creating Value, Maintaining Quality
Our specialists can replace all or part of a portfolio company’s accounting function, providing complete middle and back office services. We perform the full range of accounting, tax, administration and compliance tasks, reporting to the company CFO or serving as CFO reporting to the private equity fund partner overseeing a specific portfolio company.
The Advantages of Outsourced Solutions
Assuming the responsibilities of a company’s accounting function often allows for reducing or eliminating internal staff and related employee benefits costs. Whether at a client’s location or ours, outsourcing shifts management’s focus from overseeing employees and related Human Resources tasks to operating the business. With our exceptional service available at rates substantially lower than typical in-house functions, corporate accounting is an ideal solution for managers who wish to:
- Strengthen valuation and multiples through cost savings.
- Reduce the expenses associated with middle and back office accounting.
- Reduce staff, related employee benefits and HR costs.
- Eliminate redundancy costs when selling a portfolio company.
- Improve decision-making through tailored management reporting.
- Improve KPI monitoring through reporting customized specifically for private equity funds and firms.
- Reduce or eliminate IT costs.
- Mitigate cybersecurity threats.
- Secure crypto/blockchain support.
Broad Coverage, Deep Expertise
Unlike many of our peer firms, PKF O’Connor Davies offers a broad range of capabilities to support private equity portfolio and management companies. In addition to our full roster of essential accounting services, we offer outstanding specialized services as part of our Corporate Accounting program:
- Management Reporting – KPIs, Business Profitability Analysis and Enhancement
- Comprehensive Financial Statement Reporting, Management Dashboards and Board Reporting
- Accounting and Bookkeeping – Journal Entries and General Ledger Maintenance
- Internal Controls Advisory
- Revenue Recognition Policies and Reporting Analysis
- Accounts Payable, Bill Payment and Cash Reconciliations
- Fixed Asset and Depreciation Schedules – Preparation and Maintenance
- Consolidation and Reconciliation of Due To/Due From Subsidiaries and Affiliates
- Inventory Cost Accounting
- Employee Compensation Plans
- Budgets and Projections for Business Combinations and New Investments
- Consolidations and Joint Venture Formation Accounting
- Cash Flow Analysis – Projections, Modeling and Budgeting
- Tax Planning and Compliance
- Fair Value Assessments under ASC 820
- Financial Statement Assembly and Audit Support
- Comprehensive Back Office Accounting and Administrative Staff Support
- Transaction Support
- IT Audit and Cybersecurity Reviews
Through our global connections, we deliver accounting services wherever your companies operate. In-country professionals handle local tax, payroll and statutory reporting and help ensure compliance with all local, country and where applicable, EU requirements.