Partner, PKF O’Connor Davies LLP
Partner, PKF O’Connor Davies Advisory LLC
“My passion goes beyond governmental accounting and spreadsheets to my first focus: people. I strive to provide my clients with an audit experience that is based on kindness and empathy. I’m proud to be a trusted advisor dedicating my time and knowledge to my clients.”
Melissa Szot has 15 years of experience providing accounting and auditing services to public sector clients, including cities, towns, villages, counties, school districts and local authorities. Prior to joining PKF O’Connor Davies, she was a manager in the public sector group of a national accounting firm.
In addition to her extensive local government knowledge, Melissa also has experience performing financial audits of costs incurred to determine if grantees are in compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
As a member of the Special Review Committee for the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA), Melissa reviews applications for the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR) Award.
Melissa is an instructor in the Firm’s Continuing Professional Education program teaching courses specific to the Public Sector and has spoken at the New York State Government Finance Officers’ Association (NYGFOA). Previously, she was a national training instructor for courses specific to municipalities and Uniform Grant Guidance audits.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Member of Public Schools Committee
- Member of Government Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Government Finance Officers’ Association (GFOA)
- Member of Special Review Committee
- Hope’s Door (Westchester Co., NY)
- Board Member and Treasurer
- Certified Public Accountant (New York)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- California State Polytechnic University – Pomona, Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting