Outsourced Portfolio Company Accounting Services
Today’s private equity fund managers are expected to increase the value of their portfolio companies by growing revenue, improving operating efficiency and decreasing expenses. For many, the solution to this triple challenge lies in boosting EBITDA, a measure directly linked to a company’s valuation. To this end, managers know that generating cost savings is key – they are discovering that reducing accounting overhead and administrative expenses can increase valuations…and more.
Dedicated accounting teams and technology specifically designed for private equity funds and portfolio companies.
For decades, our professionals have been recognized for their deep experience in, and grasp of, the alternative investment arena. For private equity funds and their portfolio companies, an important component in our extensive service roster is the outsourced accounting support we deliver, which is indispensable to private equity funds, especially those that acquire companies through leveraged buyouts (LBO).
Our specialists can replace all, or part, of a portfolio company’s accounting function, providing complete middle- and back-office services. We perform the full range of accounting, tax, administration, compliance tasks and reporting to the company CFO or we can serve as the CFO reporting to the private equity fund partner overseeing a specific portfolio company.
Assuming the responsibilities of a company’s accounting function often allows for the reduction or elimination of internal staff and related employee benefits costs. Outsourcing, whether at a client’s location or ours, also frees up corporate leaders from managing employees and overseeing related human resources tasks. This allows leaders to focus on operating their businesses, confident they are benefitting from our outstanding specialists and comprehensive array of services, know-how and experience.
Corporate Accounting Services
In addition to our full roster of core accounting services, we offer outstanding specialized services as part of our Corporate Accounting program:
- Management reporting – key performance indicators (KPIs), business profitability analysis and enhancement
- Comprehensive financial statement reporting, management dashboards and board reporting
- Accounting and bookkeeping – journal entries and general ledger maintenance
- Internal controls advisory
- Revenue recognition policies and reporting analysis
- Accounts payable, bill payment and cash reconciliations
- Accounts receivable, billing and collection
- Fixed asset and depreciation schedules – preparation and maintenance
- Consolidation and reconciliation of due to/due from subsidiaries and affiliates
- Inventory cost accounting
- Employee compensation plans
- Budgets and projections for business combinations and new investments; valuations
- Consolidations and joint venture formation accounting
- Cash flow analysis – projections, modeling and budgeting
- Tax planning and compliance
- Fair value assessments under ASC 820
- Financial statement assembly and audit support
- Audit readiness
- Comprehensive back office accounting and administrative staff support
- Transaction Support including QOE (Quality of Earnings) Due Diligence and Pre- and Post-Acquisition Consulting
- IT Audit and Cybersecurity Reviews