John M. LaPilusa
Office: Cranford, New Jersey
"Establishing a close working relationship with my clients and understanding their needs provides greater opportunities in the decision making process."
John M. LaPilusa is a partner of the firm and has more than 30 years of experience providing accounting and tax services. His focus on taxation centers on individual, partnership, corporate, estate and trust tax matters and planning. He also provides accounting, business consulting and advisory services primarily to closely held middle market clients. John has been involved for over 25 years of providing audit services to both commercial clients and employee benefit plans including “Taft-Hartley” multi-employer plans.
John’s career has been built on his personal code of ethics, a strong sense of leadership and service, and accomplished technical competence.
Beyond his role with the firm, John is an active member and treasurer with various accredited professional and charitable organizations in New Jersey.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and a member of the AICPA Council from 2004-October 2010
- Active member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants. Some of the positions held include:
- Trustee, Secretary, Vice-President, President-Elect for the year 2003-2004 and served as President of the NJSCPA 2004/2005 and immediate Past-President 2005/2006.
- Served as Chairperson of the annual and semi-annual convention committees.
- Past Member of the following NJSCPA committees: Planning, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Federal Taxation, State Taxation, Nominating and Committee Operations
- Past-President, Secretary and Director of the Hudson County Chapter of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- An honored member of the Heritage Registry Who's Who 2006-2008
- Named one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners by CPA Magazine, 2006
- Achieved the rank of Eagle Scout from the Boy Scouts of America
- Member of the Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey
- Member of the Financial Planning Association of New Jersey
- Treasurer of the Financial Planning Association of New Jersey 2013 - 2015
- Margaret Anna Cusack Care Center, formerly St. Joseph's Home for the Blind, Trustee and Chair of Facilities and Finance Committee, Corporate Treasurer 2009 - 2015
- Member of the Knights of Columbus Union Council #4504
- Treasurer and Trustee of Peace Care, Inc. 2016
- Certified Public Accountant in the States of New Jersey and New York
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Rutgers University, Bachelor of Arts in Accounting