PKF O’Connor Davies Ranked #4 on Vault’s 2021 100 Best Internships List
Firm also named #2 accounting internship in the country and recognized for diversity, mentoring and career development
PKF O’Connor Davies, LLP, one of the nation’s largest accounting, tax and advisory firms, announced today that its internship program was ranked fourth in Vault’s 2021 100 Best Internships List – an increase in the rankings from tenth last year. The Firm received several other high rankings, including #2 in the list of best accounting internships. The Firm’s internship program is a key element of its ongoing commitment to developing top talent from within and offering a meaningful career path for current and future employees.
“We’re delighted to once again see our internship program advance in the rankings and earn this meaningful industry recognition,” said Kevin J. Keane, Managing Partner. “The program’s success is a testament to our talented interns as well as our employees who serve as teachers and mentors. It’s truly become a competitive advantage for our organization.”
In addition to the rankings for 100 Best Internships and Best Accounting Internships, the Firm ranked on several other Vault lists:
- Best Internships for Diversity – #2
- Best Internships for LGBTQ+ Diversity – #2
- Best Internships for Racial & Ethnic Diversity – #2
- Best Internships for Compensation & Benefits – #4
- Best Internships for Quality of Life – #5
- Best Internships for Networking Opportunities – #6
- Best Internships for Quality of Assignments – #6
- Best Internships for Diversity with Respect to Women – #7
- Best Internships for Training & Mentoring – #7
- Best Internships for Overall Career Development – #16
- Best Internships for Employment Prospects – #23
“We’re always looking for ways to improve our internship program and provide a more meaningful experience for our interns,” said Dawn Perri, Chief Human Resources Officer. “While other companies were forced to cancel their internship programs this year, we feel fortunate that we had the resources in place to successfully transition our program to a virtual format. The rankings are a rewarding validation of those efforts, especially because the scores come from current and former interns.”
To compile the 2021 Vault Top Internships Rankings, Vault surveyed more than 11,000 current and former interns in the summer of 2020. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, respondents were asked to rate their internship experiences in six core areas: Quality of Life, Compensation & Benefits, Interview Process, Career Development, Full-time Employment Prospects, and Diversity.
PKF O’Connor Davies offers three distinct internships that provide an opportunity to work side by side with industry professionals and clients to gain meaningful career experiences across a number of accounting industry services.
PKF O’Connor Davies has 13 offices in five states and continues to expand through organic growth and acquisitions on the East Coast. It has supported this growth with a strategic combination of promoting from within coupled with tactical external hires.
- Leaders of Tomorrow Program – For undergraduates interested in growing into an influential role in accounting, this two-day program presents the opportunity to explore the Firm, it’s culture and the career-launching benefits it provides. Participants take part in skill-building workshops, network with Firm professionals and develop leadership abilities as they gain a genuine understanding of the responsibilities and advantages a career with the Firm entails.
- Winter Tax Internship – For undergraduates who want to explore a career in public accounting and secure valuable hands-on experience at the same time. Interns work directly with clients as an active member of one of the Firm’s industry group teams, assisting with tax scanning and tax return preparation. This takes place during the mid- February to mid-April tax season.
- Summer Audit Internship – For undergraduates seeking real-world audit experience along with immersion in the Firm’s culture. As a team member in an industry group, interns assist in executing actual audit projects for key clients and conduct a market research project for presentation to Firm leadership. Interns build their professional networks through community service and Firm-sponsored events and undergo specialized training and collaboration with an Intern Advisor.