Barbara Van Bergen
Continual interaction with my clients and assisting them to find valuable business solutions to achieve their goals and continued success is what has made my career in public accounting so rewarding.
Barbara H. Van Bergen is a Partner of the Firm and specializes in the Audit and Assurance Services practice. She has more than 20 years of experience in public accounting, six years spent in the financial services division of a large accounting firm. Barbara has eight additional years of experience as a Chief Financial Officer.
This diverse background provides Barbara with unique insight into her clients’ reporting and financial management activities. She currently services clients within the not-for-profit sector, including public charities and private foundations, and the commercial practice, including closely-held businesses in the distribution, leasing and real estate industries. In addition, Barbara is Chairperson of the PKF O’Connor Davies Continuing Education Committee and a member of the Firm’s Human Resources Committee.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Board President of the Women’s Enterprise Development Center
- Former Treasurer of the YWCA of White Plains and Central Westchester
- Certified Public Accountant (New York)
- Iona College, Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting