Senior Manager, PKF O'Connor Davies
“I enjoy working with business owners and finance function leaders to deliver suitable CFO Solutions and help them protect and grow their business value.”
Roman Z. Matatov is a Senior Manager at PKF O’Connor Davies with more than 20 years of experience. Roman specializes in CFO Solutions and Accounting Outsourcing.
Roman works with privately held businesses by providing outsourced corporate finance and accounting services. His experience includes corporate finance and accounting leadership positions for digital health software and data-as-a-service (SaaS, DaaS) companies, as well as several service organizations. Roman practiced as a business appraiser and forensic accountant, being involved in over 120 matters. He authored, co-authored and supported expert witness reports and testimony for matters in state and federal courts, and for arbitration and mediation proceedings.
Roman taught graduate-level courses at Baruch College on topics including Accounting for Cloud Computing Companies, Business Valuation and Forensic Accounting.
Professional Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Forbes Finance Council – Official Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- CFF Champion Task Force
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- Business & Industry Community
- The Association for Finance Professionals (AFP)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Shorefront YM-YWHA Audit Committee
- WeAreCohere, East Africa – Trustee
- Environmental Commission, Calvert County, Maryland – Commissioner
- Certified Public Accountant (Maryland, New York)
- Certified Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis Professional (FPAC)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Baruch College, Master of Science degree in Accountancy, Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance and Investments