Webinar Replay: 2023 Challenges for NFPs – Facing AI Risks, ERC Tax Uncertainties and Legal Changes
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is inspiring both excitement and unease across every sector. Non-profit management is wise to explore what it is, what it is not and what effect it may have on their day-to-day operations. Watch the replay for an incisive look at the growing use of AI, the risks it poses to cybersecurity and best practices for employing digital applications to conduct business.
This interactive forum discussed recent tax compliance and legal changes that may affect not-for-profits’ governance and operations. Our professionals shared insights on how the IRS’ moratorium on Employee Retention Credit (ERC) payments may increase the potential for audits and how to stay ahead of rapidly changing regulatory oversight.
Watch Replay Here
View Slides Here
- A technical overview of AI, its business applications and effect on cybersecurity risks.
- An update on changes in the IRS’ ERC payment process and its increased audit focus on improper claims.
- 2023 year-end legal update for NFPs.
- What’s new in tax compliance and emerging tax issues for NFPs.
- Spotlight on recent IRS rulings and tax cases.
PKF O’Connor Davies Advisory, LLC
Suma Chander, Principal, Technology Consulting and Advisory Services
Garrett Higgins, CPA, Partner-in-Charge, Exempt Organizations Tax and Advisory Services
Eva Mruk, CPA, Partner, Exempt Organizations Tax and Advisory Services
Elisha Brestovansky, CPA, MBA, Senior Tax Manager
Sedreddine and Whoriskey, LLP
Amarah Sedreddine, Esq.
Mark Piszko, CPA, CGMA, Partner-in-Charge, Not-for-Profit Services