PKF O’Connor Davies has specialized in serving not-for-profit and tax-exempt organizations since its founding in 1891, continually and purposely expanding our client roster over the years. Today, we work with more than 1,800 charitable organizations, religious entities, educational and cultural institutions and social services agencies.
Meet the Partners
At PKF O’Connor Davies, we understand that every not-for-profit organization is inherently a business so we are highly responsive to each client’s specific needs and service model. As a leader among our peers, we combine in-depth sector concentration with a cross-functional team approach that ensures access to specialists in areas such as technology, real estate, health care, affordable housing and more.
A century of support for those operating on behalf of others.
The Advantages Only PKF O’Connor Davies Delivers
- Unsurpassed Sector Specialization — A keen understanding of not-for-profit financial management structures ensures exceptional audit and tax services – and assistance with essential operations, from IT fraud prevention and employee benefits to Board, foundation and grant making issues.
- Unmatched Exempt Organization Tax Experience — With extensive knowledge of the tax laws governing exempt organizations, we assist in preparing federal and state tax filings, serve as the “professionals of choice” for initial tax exemption applications and classification changes and help minimize exposure to unrelated business or corporate taxes.
- Uncommon Regulatory Expertise — Active participation in industry associations and conferences equips our leadership to identify and resolve emerging issues before they become problematic.
- Unprecedented Commitment — Recognized as a pioneer in serving not-for-profit and exempt entities, we maintain our expertise through ongoing investment in training, practice resources, audit guidance and service development.
Our Not-for-Profit services include:
- Audits (including GAAS, A-133 and the State Single Audit)
- Cost certifications
- Compliance auditing
- Governance of boards and committees
- International grant audits
- IT consulting
- Management advisory
- Tax compliance, planning, representation and structuring
- Risk assessment