It is important to work with clients in "real time". Planning is the key to achieving business goals and I believe it is important for a client's CPA to remain available to address issues as they arise.
Thomas Marien is a Partner of the Firm and has more than 35 years of experience in public accounting, specializing in small businesses and not-for-profits.
In addition to providing financial reporting and tax services, Tom regularly advises clients on matters regarding financial assistance, cash flow planning and systems development. He is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and assists in business purchases and sales, succession planning, damage suits and divorce and partner disputes.
Tom is an active member of several community and professional organizations, including the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants, Norwich Free Academy and Community Aid in Accounting Services (CAAS).
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Connecticut Fiscal Crisis Task Force
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analyst (NACVA)
- Former Chairman, Norwich Redevelopment Agency
- Cooperator, Norwich Free Academy
- Community Aid in Accounting Services (CAAS) – Southeastern Connecticut Rep.
- Certified Public Accountant (Connecticut)
- Certified Valuation Analyst