Alexander K. Buchholz
Office: New York, New York
“By working together with our clients and listening to their needs, I encourage them to communicate their concerns to me. I want them to consider me a trusted professional on whom they can rely.”
Alexander Buchholz is a Partner at PKF O’Connor Davies with over 15 years experience in public accounting, including with a “Big Four” accounting firm.
Alex is responsible for the development of the audit approach, supervision of staff, and the establishment and maintenance of the engagement budget. Additionally, he is responsible for the coordination of staff and management so that the audit is performed on a timely basis with as little intrusion to client operations as possible.
His expertise is in Single Audits, internal control/compliance audits and specialized cost reporting. His industry experience is in healthcare and not-for- profit entities, including skilled nursing facilities, social service agencies, charter schools, diagnostic and treatment centers, home care service entities, adult homes and other long-term care facilities, special needs entities, and cemeteries.
Alex is also an adjunct professor at Brooklyn College of the City University of New York in the Department of Accounting where he teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in accounting and auditing. He also teaches at the School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York for the Online Business Management Department and at Mercy College and Lehman College.
He conducts internal training seminars for the Firm and frequently speaks at outside organizations and associations. He is also a former member of the Firm’s continuing professional education (CPE) committee, with special emphasis on Single Audit training. Alex has written many articles on accounting and auditing topics for a variety of professional publications.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Former Chair - Academic Advancement of Higher Education
- Member - Health Care Committee
- Member - Not-for-Profit Committee
- Foundation for Accounting Education
- Association for Long Term Care Financial Managers
- National Conference of CPA Practitioners
- Metropolitan Cemetary Association
- Board Member, St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children
- Certified Public Accountant (New York)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)