Susan M. Barossi
As a partner and leader in our governmental entities and not-for-profit practices, I am dedicated to being completely accessible to clients. My goal is to provide hands-on advice and expertise when they need it most.
Susan M. Barossi is a Partner of the Firm and has more than 35 years of experience in public accounting. She is known industry-wide as an expert in all aspects of accounting, auditing and consulting, and has specialized knowledge of government entities, not-for-profit organizations, higher education institutions and other public sector industries. Susan regularly receives recognition for her skill in conducting Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB Circular A-133) and program-specific audits.
She serves on the Firm’s Accounting & Auditing Committee, participates in its in-house continuing professional education program and contributes to its Thought Leadership e-newsletter series by writing articles on governmental accounting and auditing matters.
Beyond client engagements, Susan is very active on behalf of the profession and serves her community through committed participation in a not-for-profit organization which supports cancer patients and their families.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Chair – Government Accounting & Auditing Committee
- Member, Finance Committee
- Present Member, Former Chair – Public School Committee
- Former Vice President
- Government Finance Officers Association
- New York State Government Finance Officers Association
- International Association of School Business Officials
- New York State Association of School Business Officials
- Board Member, Gilda’s Club of Westchester
- Certified Public Accountant (New York)
- Iona College, Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting