Partner, PKF O’Connor Davies LLP
Partner, PKF O’Connor Davies Advisory LLC
“My goal is to provide exceptional advice to our clients that will ultimately contribute to their financial viability and growth.”
Matt Orrell works in the Financial Services practice with 25 years of experience. Matt specializes in advising financial services firms, including investment managers and family offices, on governance, risk management and compliance through all phases of their growth.
Matt provides practical guidance to clients with issues related to structure, management and operations of their business including: Board and committee oversight; policy and procedure management and development; internal control establishment, monitoring and assessment; ESG performance oversight, measurement and reporting; and risk assessment.
Working closely with various types of investment advisors and family offices, Matt provides guidance on the establishment and operations of the products they manage such as real assets funds, private equity funds, hedge funds and venture capital funds.
Prior to joining the Firm, Matt served as the head of enterprise risk management for a vertically integrated multi-platform real estate investment manager. He also led regulatory risk and review for the Americas at the world’s largest asset manager and formerly was a consultant at a ‘Big 4’ accounting and advisory firm.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MassCPAs)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (Massachusetts, New York, Florida, Rhode Island)
- University of Florida, Master of Science degree in Accounting
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting